Welcome to the Governor section of our school website.
The Governors have set the following objectives for 2017-2018:
- Continued focus on moving from the Ofsted rating of Requires Improvement to at least Good by the time of the next inspection.
- Challenge academic staff to improve the attainment and progress in all areas, using the recent HMI Monitoring Inspection as a template for success.
- Continual Governor self-improvement, professional training and development, to include rigorous monitoring and evaluation of school systems and practices.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to work on the Whole School Strategic Plan for the coming years. This will include:
- improve communication both internal and external;
- consideration of acadamisation
The White Horse Federation LBG
Each school has its own Local Governing Body (LGB). The Chair of each LGB will also sit on a collective group of similar Chairs from which one representative will be elected and then co-opted onto the Executive Board; this process will be repeated every two years thus affording new Chairs the opportunity to be similarly elected.
TWHF Executive Board has clearly identified the areas of responsibility that they delegate to the LGBs. Although not in any way legally responsible and not itself accountable for the statutory functions, the LGB has an important role to play in assisting the school to operate effectively in line with the wishes of TWHF Executive Board as communicated to the LGB. Read more…
If you are interested in the work of the Governing Body, or would like to be involved further, please contact the Clerk to Governors, Mrs Wendy Assirati, on 01980 652318. We always welcome new ideas and continually search for new members to the Governing Body.
Minutes of meetings are available from the school office upon request. Please click on the links below to view details of our Governing Body for 2017-18, our register of business and pecuniary interests and our annual report for 16-17.